EQ does not work after normalization

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Sergiogio

EQ does not work after normalization

Post by Sergiogio » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:28 pm

Hello,

I have just downloaded the Neon APK for my Xperia Z1 Compact.
I have then normalized my music (which is a slow process and for some reasons it interrupts when the screen goes black even if I disable Stamina mode).
Now the sliders of the EQ and of the Gain are blocked, I cannot move them.
The values (the numbers on top of the sliders, like for example 100, 250 hz) are in red color.
Why does this happen?
I cannot imagin a possible reason why somebody would like to disable the EQ in favor or normalization. Why are the two things not compatible???
Or is it a bug?

Thanks

Bjrmd

Re: EQ does not work after normalization

Post by Bjrmd » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:42 pm

That is the way it works--you normalize a folder based on an equalization setting you create. For example- the amount of normalization may be different if the music is bass heavy and you have a large bass gain in your eq setting. This a a very unique and useful process. The reason it takes so long is that Neutron actually reads the entire track to do this. Make sure you are plugged in and perhaps even keep the device on until it finishes.

Sergiogio

Re: EQ does not work after normalization

Post by Sergiogio » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Hello Bjrmd,

thank you for the answer (the only one I received in this forum till now, although I have asked quite some question in another thread, given that this program is a total mystery to me and there is no User Guide to understand it).
Yes, I suspected that. I can also understand that need. It makes of course sense, if it were not for the fact that I do not change EQ settings depending on which music I hear, but depending on what I use to ear it. I use a preset with more basses and more low-mid when I use the Fugoo speakers, and a preset with more highs and some high-mid when I use the Jabra Revo Wireless.
So, rather to bind my music to one preset, I need to be able to bind a normalization to one preset and another normalization to another preset, and to switch between the two presets so that when I use the preset 1 Neutron activate the saved normalization values binded to that preset, etc.

I wrote the proposal to Dmitry. Let's see.
I find the idea pretty cool, because not so many many people really do fine EQ adjustments for each of their albums. While many people have at least two different preferred audio devices, headphones and speaker etc, which are not perfect and need different eq settings to be improved.

Cheers