Different Artist / Same Album Name Problem

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
darvoa

Different Artist / Same Album Name Problem

Post by darvoa » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi. I'm new to Neutron Music Player and I just loaded up all my music. What I'm noticing is that for three different artists who all just happen to have the same album names (Greatest Hits), their songs are being grouped together within the artist category. If you tap on "Artists," you will find each of the three artists' names listed separately. But their songs are grouped together, so that, regardless of which artist's name you tap into, you will see all the songs for all three artists combined, and it will play beginning with the first artist alphabetically. In my particular case, I've only downloaded one album for each of these three artists, all with the name "Greatest Hits". Yes, it should work correctly, I suppose, if I change the album names slightly so that they're not identical, but I wanted to know if anyone else had encountered this issue/bug and was able to fix it without changing the album names.

darvoa

Re: Different Artist / Same Album Name Problem

Post by darvoa » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:43 pm

I'm replying to my own post because I just found another entry (I looked before posting but missed it before) describing the same problem and with the answer that in Settings>Media Library, you must highlight either "Split album by path" or "Split album by artist" for it to work correctly.

Thank you.

ChrisKof

Post by ChrisKof » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Great question . . . thanks for answering it! Exactly what I was looking for and followed your advice . . . worked perfectly. Tx

theSplund

Post by theSplund » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Thanks for answering that - I had the same problem :-)