[BUG] Neutron won't start in Playbook after DLNA scan

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
the_impossible_dream

[BUG] Neutron won't start in Playbook after DLNA scan

Post by the_impossible_dream » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:23 pm

I just finished a Neutron scan of my 170,000 song collection using DLNA from my Servio server. This took almost 36 hours.

After i was finished I restarted Neutron and after the Neutron logo page, it just kicked out of the program. Tried many times and even rebooted several times....all with the same result.

I had this problem with Neutron about a year ago with the old share file SMB method, but then a subsequent version fixed it. Now with the latest version and following my DLNA scan, I'm getting the same issue.

Can you please offer some advice or help? It's getting frustrating.

Thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Neutron won't start in Playbook after DLNA scan

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:27 am

> I just finished a Neutron scan of my 170,000 song collection using DLNA from my Servio server. This took almost 36 hours.

In next update it will be really much faster.

> it just kicked out of the program

On PlayBook/BB10 OSes it seems that if application is delaying its start the OS will kill the process assuming that it is in dead loop or deadlocked. It is under investigation how avoid such OS behavior.

the_impossible_dream

Post by the_impossible_dream » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks Dimitry

I look forward to a solution,

the_impossible_dream

Post by the_impossible_dream » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:29 am

dmitrykos wrote:> I just finished a Neutron scan of my 170,000 song collection using DLNA from my Servio server. This took almost 36 hours.

In next update it will be really much faster.

> it just kicked out of the program

On PlayBook/BB10 OSes it seems that if application is delaying its start the OS will kill the process assuming that it is in dead loop or deadlocked. It is under investigation how avoid such OS behavior.
Well, I just downloaded the latest version of Neutron from Blackberry World to my Playbook. You were right Dimitry...it took the DLNA scan down to 1 hour from 36 hours. Much faster.

HOWEVER, I still can't restart Neutron after the scan. The opening screen still times our and closes.

If that problem can get solved I'd be happier than a pig in $hit. :-)

Thanks, and I look forward to a quick resolution to this issue.

Joe

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:28 am

Hi Joe,

How long does screen show Neutron's logo before OS kills process? Could you please clarify.

Dmitry.

the_impossible_dream

Re: [BUG] Neutron won't start in Playbook after DLNA scan

Post by the_impossible_dream » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:39 am

tried it repeatedly, and it's always on the Neutron screen for 30-32 seconds before it kicks out.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:43 am

Would you please mention PlayBook OS version on your device. Since 2.1 there is OS API which prevents OS from killing long-loading process on early app start.

the_impossible_dream

Post by the_impossible_dream » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:33 am

the_impossible_dream

Post by the_impossible_dream » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:45 pm

We may have a breakthrough here. I just discovered that this may be related specifically to Serviio as my DLNA media server. Just on a hunch I installed a trial version of KooRaRoo server. While I have not tried to scan my complete library yet, on a test, it seemed to work. Will know by tomorrow, and post results.

the_impossible_dream

Post by the_impossible_dream » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:33 pm

ahhhh, buggga!

Sorry to report that even with the new server, it still does kicks out on start up. However, I did learn something in the process. When I only scanned 14,000 songs of my library through DLNA, Neutron would restart fine. However I later scanned the whole 52,000 song library and that's when Neutron won't restart. Is there any implication here other than the obvious?

BTW, I even tried a clean wipe of my whole Playbook and reinstalled only Neutron. Didn't make any difference...same problem.

Any thoughts?