Startup Crashes

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
davejay

Startup Crashes

Post by davejay » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:41 am

I cannot start the Neutron application.
When I first purchased it, it worked like a dream. Then, from time-to-time it wouldn't start. Then there was an upgrade or two and after each upgrade it worked for a while. I get the splashscreen, wait....wait then it CRASHES!
I have un-installed, re-installed, updated both the application and the PlayBook to latest software but still the same. I simply cannot start the player.

I have a BlackBerry PlayBook 64gb.
O.S. Version 2.1.0.1917
Sn 1344-5831-8849

Any help is VERY appreciated.

davejay

Re: Startup Crashes

Post by davejay » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:55 am

I think that I have solved the problem.
I went into a file explorer and deleted my playlists. I tried to start Neutron and it worked!
Let's see if it lasts...but, this should not be an issue with a great app like this.
A fix is needed.

navigator

Post by navigator » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Dave,
Kudos to you.
I have experienced exactly the same problems as you have described. Almost gave up, have seen your post, deleted the only file in playlist folder...
Neutron is back to life.
Let's see if this solution is permanent. And, yes, hopefully Neutron developer can investigate and fix.
Many thanks.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:23 am

Is there any chance to get those playlists? In order to reproduce the problem in dev. environment. To: neutronmp@gmail.com

> I went into a file explorer and deleted my playlists

Was it /misc/NeutronMP/playlists folder, or /music/playlists? Where those playlists created by Neutron? Would you please clarify.

navigator

Post by navigator » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:53 pm

dmitrykos wrote:Is there any chance to get those playlists? In order to reproduce the problem in dev. environment. To: neutronmp@gmail.com

> I went into a file explorer and deleted my playlists

Was it /misc/NeutronMP/playlists folder, or /music/playlists? Where those playlists created by Neutron? Would you please clarify.

In my case it was /shared/music/playlists. There was just one file which I deleted. Most probably it was created by Neutron.