Playbook - This just doesn't work!!! REFUND requested

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Playbook - This just doesn't work!!! REFUND requested

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:14 pm

> Stops and Stutters on the Playbook

This is not a Neutron's issue but PlayBook's. The same problem is on BB10 OS. If PlayBook/BB10 OS is working for several days it can not handle well the background playback of audio. The problem is known by audio team of BB and may be solved in BB10 10.2 but not in PlayBook as BlackBerry decided to discontinue its support. Glitches and Sluttering are happening inside the OS audio layer.

> plays Music as if it was a Retro Gramophone Record Player

It is difficult to comment actually :) If you could describe in more details it would be great. If you just installed Neutron, did not make any modifications and simply started playback you will get fully correct decoded audio. Everything depends on the source music files you have.

> it should have been designed BETTER

The work never stops, users who are for a long time with Neutron are aware of that fact :) I am sorry that you did not like UI and layout but you had many screenshots before purchasing...

Refunds are handled only by BlackBerry, unlike on Google Play where developers are able to make refunds, on BlackBerry we can't do anything about. Please forward refund request to BlackBerry World customer support.
Dmitry.

BuSchu

Post by BuSchu » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:14 am

You wrote "... but not in PlayBook as BlackBerry decided to discontinue its support." This is not totally true. Blackberry decided to stop porting BB10 to the playbook, but they deliverd a new version of the playbook OS recently. I hope when they resolved the problem with BB10 they port the solution back to the playbook OS!

Best regards
Burkhard

warrenmr

Post by warrenmr » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:13 pm

I haven't had these problems on PlayBook or bb10. Sorry the user had a bad experience, but as the reviews indicate, this is a great product!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:27 pm

> Burkhard

I meant that PlayBook will unlikely get new features in the OS. It will be supported in terms of bug fixing (my assumption). Using BB10 OS core with current UI of PlayBook would be an easy (dev. time + costs) solution for BB to my view and users would be more than happy.