[UNRELATED] galaxy tab 3 8.0 terrible sound

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
tamirdavidi

[UNRELATED] galaxy tab 3 8.0 terrible sound

Post by tamirdavidi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:06 pm

upgraded my tablet from galaxy tab 2 7" to galaxy tab 3 8".
exact same settings, sound is terrible. seem lifeless and flat, no matter what i do.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: galaxy tab 3 8.0 terrible sound

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Neutron is rendering audio on CPU, e.g. pure software rendering which will provide exact result on any platform and any hardware which is capable of computations. But this result is exactly the same as long as it is in digital form, but when it comes further to audio DAC and gets converted to analog then difference happens.

Could it be the case that audio hardware of Galaxy Tab 2 and 3 is different? Samsung likes to switch components from model to model. Also there can be a factor of OS audio driver: its settings, implementation.

tamirdavidi

Re: [UNRELATED] galaxy tab 3 8.0 terrible sound

Post by tamirdavidi » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:46 pm

dont know about all this explanation.
i just know that POWERAMP works flawlessly.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:46 pm

All players are using the same output API. So, if you have difference in audio when using Neutron on 2 devices then either you misconfigured it, or hardware of one of devices is weak.

tamirdavidi

Post by tamirdavidi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:00 pm

i don't think that galaxy tab 3 deserve being called weak, especially if you compare it to tab 2.
tried to reset the EQ and i think it became a little better, but after a little while, without me touching anything, it went back to "bad sound".
any ideas?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:59 am

Do you keep absolutely the same settings as in Tab2? It is really difficult to comment not having device in front... unfortunately...

You could try to go for clean install may be. Delete Neutron's database and make sure /sdcard/Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp is deleted.

Then install Neutron again and try adjusting EQ to the approx setup which you had on previous device.