Support SACD ISO?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
c0d3r

Support SACD ISO?

Post by c0d3r » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:40 pm

HI,

Just wondering whether Neutron Music Player supports SACD ISO or not?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Support SACD ISO?

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi! Unfortunately it does not support ISOs.

c0d3r

Post by c0d3r » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Will be supported in the future?

Thanks,

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:10 pm

I am not sure because it is not that widely used and another question - load on CPU. It can appear that real-time reading from ISO will be too difficult for CPU.

To my view SACD is anyway an overkill for Android or any other mobile platform with sampling rates 44.1 - 48 kHz. It is better to convert SACD contents for FLAC for example with sampling rate 88.1 kHz for Android and 96 kHz for BlackBerry/iOS.

Jaz-e-Jerome

Post by Jaz-e-Jerome » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:54 am

Actually SACD ISO's play perfectly on Android using USB Audio Player Pro. Sounds great too. So it's definitely worth the "CPU load", thought I've never had a problem with that. The files of course take up large percentages of storage but there's almost nothing to beat walking around with that superlative SACD sound! It boggles the mind why Neutron doesn't process the ISO files. It means having to use other apps like UAPP to play those files. It could put me off using Neutron altogether because it's a pain switching between USB Audio apps and I'm not yet entirely convinced that the SQ on UAPP isn't better anyway.

DMG

Post by DMG » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:48 pm

Jaz-e-Jerome wrote:Actually SACD ISO's play perfectly on Android using USB Audio Player Pro. Sounds great too. So it's definitely worth the "CPU load", thought I've never had a problem with that. The files of course take up large percentages of storage but there's almost nothing to beat walking around with that superlative SACD sound! It boggles the mind why Neutron doesn't process the ISO files. It means having to use other apps like UAPP to play those files. It could put me off using Neutron altogether because it's a pain switching between USB Audio apps and I'm not yet entirely convinced that the SQ on UAPP isn't better anyway.
+1

I was just about to buy your app because I love it's efficiency, it's simplicity, it's power when I suddenly realized that I couldn't listen to my SACD ISO out of the box.
About memory place taken, I have a NAS at home and play my music through WiFi, so it's not really a problem.
About Android's limitation I thought that connecting an external usb DAC helped to play hi res audio even on iOS / Android device. Think about having a dedicated Android tablet playing anything over WiFi on a big dac/amp through usb !

HiBy music app do the job (and is free) even if not as complete, reactive and robust as neutron is !

Too bad to have to listen my SACD on another app :'(

Jaz-e-Jerome

Post by Jaz-e-Jerome » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:29 am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE good folk at Neutron; make it support SACD ISOs. It isn't true that the format is rare. It is much easier to acquire a quantity of SACDs (I myself am in possession of hundreds) than it is to acquire the DSD files (which account for the smallest section of my collection). SACDs are actually a major audiophile format. Neutron's lack of support for it has meant that it has taken me many months to realise that Neutron is actually worth my time, perhaps more so than UAPP. But until Neutron supports SACDs I will not be using it as regularly as the now major competitor.

Thank you for your consideration of my suggestion. I look forward to being bale to fully commit to Neutron as my Android music player of choice. I am thoroughly impressed with its performance otherwise, particularly with its very high quality DSD to PCM conversion which when tested properly blows the competition away. So I can't say how much I anticipate SACD support in future. The sooner; the happier an audiophile I'll be.

Kurosawa

Post by Kurosawa » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:06 pm

I do not want to make a new topic. So I am trying to get support from this post. I also have a couple of sacd Iso files. Because of storage limitations, I have saver them on a nas. Unfortunately, I can not see the sacd iso when I am browning on the nas via the Neutron music player. Is it possible to fix this so I can play them straight from the nas?