Track Artist Search

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
neilcperks

Track Artist Search

Post by neilcperks » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi Dmitry,

I have the the programme set to display Albums using Album Artist. This is so for instance a "Various Artists " album will display under Albums as being by Various Artists, rather than a random artist. The individual tracks within that album use Track Artist, which is great and just what I needed.

The only problem I have is that I can't find a way to search for the Track Artist. Under Artists you can only search for Album Artist and down at Track level you can only search for track title even though the Track Artist is displayed under each Track.

I'd be quite happy to use Track Artist for all views, except Album View where it needs to show Album Artist, but when you switch on Album Artist it also switches it on for Artists view.

Is there away around this or maybe I'm missing the obvious :D

Thanks

Neil

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Track Artist Search

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi Neil,

Unfortunately it is not possible to split behavior of the database between views, so there can be either Album Artist mode or basic mode. But may be it worth adding into the search artist names too... I am not sure about it as it will add load to CPU (doubling) when typing the search word.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

neilcperks

Post by neilcperks » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:24 am

Hi Dmitry,

Understand what you are saying. I'm quite happy using Album Artist as it currently is, just would be good to be able to search for Track Artist because I have lots of compilation albums and can never remember which albums a particular artist is on. But I understand the issue with search overload :D

Cheers

Neil

Taynt3d

Post by Taynt3d » Sun May 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Digging up this old thread because I have the same request. I love the flexibility Neutron gives me for handling album artist grouping and album splitting, so helpful!

However, when I group by album artist, the search won't search artist only too, which would be super handy because this behavior causes me to have to occasionally go into settings to turn album artist grouping off, rescan, then search to find artists that might only be on a compilation (and thus not listed in album artist tag). And ultimately, go back and reset to album artist because I greatly prefer that view overall due to lots of compilations, etc.