Search Button

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
neilcperks

Search Button

Post by neilcperks » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:43 am

When in the album, song, artist, etc screens and I press the search button, it displays a search box at the top of the screen and brings up the on screen keyboard. The search box contains a ? In the left side and a right arrow button on the right side. This all looks ok.

However when I type anything on the keyboard the keyboard works ok, but no text ever appears in the search box. If I press the search button again, the box goes away as expected. I tried pressing the right arrow button after entering text just in case it was recognised but did not display but this did nothing.

Am I missing something ?

Cheers

Neil

PS on Android 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy Tab

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Search Button

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi Neil,

There were similar issues and all of them are related to soft-keyboard software operation. Neutron is using standard Android API for getting events from soft-keyboard.

Have you tried device-default soft-keyboard, may be you are using some 3-rd party one?

Best regards,
Dmitry,

neilcperks

Post by neilcperks » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:21 am

Hi Dmitry,

Using currently using the standard Samsung keyboard which came with the Galaxy tab 10.1.

I'm not a fan of that keyboard anyway (pretty basic) and been meaning to change it, so will try a few others and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Neil

neilcperks

Post by neilcperks » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:32 am

OK re-installed my Swype keyboard, which I've been meaning to do for a while, and everything is ok. Must be something non-standard with Samsung's stock keyboard.

Anyway problem solved, thanks

Neil

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi Neil! :)

I am glad that everything works well now.

Dmitry.