1.69.1 Fixed playlists over network could not be loaded - no

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
quadstone

1.69.1 Fixed playlists over network could not be loaded - no

Post by quadstone » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:35 pm

M3U issues persist. With the new update an M3u (over LAN) is at least recognized and loads and begins playing; but invariable the first song aborts at around 80% and locks up Neutron. I also notice the "done" and "left" counters do not index at all during the song. The partially played file (flac) is left in the streaming queue. Device is Galaxy Tab2 10.1. Thanks.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: 1.69.1 Fixed playlists over network could not be loaded

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:08 am

I will check. Are you sure you do not have interruption of network? M3U loading fix was unrelated to actual playback of music files.

quadstone

Post by quadstone » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:15 am

Here are my findings: For long time with version 1.68 I play music from server (wireless router and pc) via ES File Explorer by clicking on m3u playlist. Never a problem of any kind (except lousy gapless).
When ver 1.69.0 came out m3u would not load at all over LAN. You replicated that bug and corrected it in ver 1.69.1. Now, after extensive testing, I find it will load the m3u...start the song but aborts (it does not say "failed"...it just kicks you out to file explorer) during last 30 -40 seconds of the song. Here are a few noteworthy observations. It does not do this if i load a flac over the lan..individual files play fine. The resolution does not matter 1644 or 2496kHz behave the same. It does NOT abort on m3u playlists loaded from the device sd card. So I can play onboard playlists fine, but not over the network. I also can't get the SMB working although most other android file managers see the server fine....but that's for another day. I hope this helps my friend.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:27 pm

I will try to reproduce it! Thank you for additional details.