Version 1.68 PlayBook UI bug

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
rvirgin

Re: Version 1.68 PlayBook UI bug

Post by rvirgin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:07 am

Im frustrated too, but to compare the development of this 5 dollar app to Microsoft is a bit of a stretch. I do not have enough time today to detail how many Windows Updates have bricked machines, with their army of developers and engineers, no less!

With that said Dimitri, do you have contact information for Blackberry so your users can make some noise?

robbo

Post by robbo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:12 am

The thing about this is if this application wasn't So good we wouldn't be up in arms so much...I'm As pissed off as anyone as I use this application in my business for broadcasting of my music....Mixing my music automatically with fade in and out of tracks is unavailable on any other music application...And of course the sound quality is superb...But bloody he'll...THE WAITING IS KILLING ME!!!...I JUST CAN' SEE WHY THE UPDATE WAS SUBMITTED....AND WHY BLACKBERRY WOULD ISSUE IT BEFORE. TESTING..." Or did they test it???? "....ROLL BACK NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED..

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:45 pm

> rvirgin
> With that said Dimitri, do you have contact information for Blackberry so your users can make some noise?

BlackBerry got different contacts: for developer relations, for BB World issues and etc. Making noise won't help because probably queue of submissions is too long and BB World team will anyway refuse to break 'fair play' rules for all other submissions.

I agree with you guys saying that update must have been tested before the release. I confirm it was thoroughly tested, moreover BB version is released always several days after the Android version, just to be on the safe side and to avoid some well hidden bugs. Neutron was tested on PlayBook but some small correction to UI code was made while testing on BB10 platform and that correction led to buggy logic. Really unlucky situation and especially now when Blackberry got so long queue of apps... By the way, isn't it good for BB10 platform? ;)

There was a complaint that some warning should have been placed to not update: unfortunately it would not help because application information change is also manually reviewed by BB World content team and it also takes time.

> Can you imagine what would happen to Microsoft if they sent out an update that made Windows useless?

Unfortunately many of us could watch famous Windows OS (98) presentation event when demo PC got 'Blue Screen'. S...t happens sometimes and also with large companies. It is not that easy to keep sophisticated software product absolutely free of bugs for anyone, is it big or small company. It just happens sometimes as software product is not a result of operation of some mechanism but a result of mental work that can not be robotized (unless AI is finally developed).

> ROLL BACK NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED

Yes, or at least ability to stop updates coming for application which is removed from sale (proposed to BB team already). If it was possible then effect of this buggy update would be less massive. It can happen and probably will happen with other apps too, so the problem is quite broad.

instrosurfman

Post by instrosurfman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:59 pm

I would reload for BB10 platform, but the application is no longer present on BBWorld for either BB10 or Playbook. I really need the SD Card support for music in 1.68, but cannot get it. Why was the BB10 version taken down?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:21 pm

> instrosurfman

Do you mean you have 1.67.x on BB10 and there is no notification to update to 1.68.0? If so, it is strange because PlayBook users updated "successfully" after 31.01. May be for BB10 there is possibility now to stop updates too if app is removed from sale...

> Why was the BB10 version taken down?

Because application is treated single as item for multiple platforms. It is not possible to do for just some specific platform.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Version 1.68 PlayBook

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:15 pm

zaba76 wrote:Hi there, since using my z10 a bit it appears that at least some of my apps which are compatible with bb10 are also free to download once I have purchased them on PB.

I don't think the z10 sounds as good as the playbook. did you notice that in testing?
By the way there is teardown (http://www.ubmtechinsights.com/inside-blackberry-z10/) of BB Z10 and DAC of Z10 is revealed, it is - Qualcomm WCD9310. So, there will be difference in comparison with PlayBook, which has Wolfson WM8994E. US version of Samsung Galaxy S3 is also using Qualcomm WCD9310, unlike International which is on Wolfson WM1811.

brianchapnick

Post by brianchapnick » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:07 am

It is February 12 and still no fix posted. When is it expected?

GasEngineer

Post by GasEngineer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:40 am

brianchapnick wrote:It is February 12 and still no fix posted. When is it expected?
If you read the posts above you can see that the fix was submitted to BlackBery on 31st January. Apparently it is in a long queue to be tested before it can be released.

(Although the BB testing process must be poor as it allowed the bug that Dmitri missed in the last update through.....)

myklgrant

Post by myklgrant » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:29 pm

I am so frustrated at this delay. :evil: NMP is my music player for everything (I plug my Playbook into my home audio system and use it there) so i am essentially without music (or at least the ability to choose the music I want to hear). If there was a competitor I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Dmytrikos: can you pressure Blackberry to release the update or rollback to the previous version or simply release the .bar so we can sideload it.

For the future we should have a "Don't update until an actual user has actually tried the latest version" thread
I for one will not be updating NMP ever again until another user gives says it is OK

Michael

tinker2000

Post by tinker2000 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 pm

One app update was submitted on the 23rd Jan and appeared yesterday . Thats a horrid delay for submission, though its good news for my z10 apps list. I do hope its fixed soon, I miss the superb sound and want it on my shiny new piece of tech :)